Your 2014 list of things to do in Richmond, Indiana!
Richmond Indiana has become a community rich with activities for singles, friends and families. We have turned over every rock to find you the best of the best of things to do in Richmond! This is your activities guide for 2014!
- January – Come the Richmond Meltdown in Richmond’s Historic Depot District and Richmond City Center Downtown. This is will be a fun event for every one January 31st through February 2nd! You can expect to see magnificent ice sculptures, play games and get involved in winter activities. Visit the Richmond Meltdown website for more information.
- February – Love music? Start your concert season off early with the AD/DC Tribute Band, AD/HD on February 22nd. The folks at InCONCERT continue to bring top talent to Richmond and the 4th Floor Blues Club. Tickets go on sale in January, and you can buy your tickets at www.inconcertrichmond.com!
- March – Let us help you kick the winter blues! Grab the kids and head to Paint the Towne in the Depot District to paint flower pots for your spring flowers. They have a great selection for you and the kids!
- April – Who doesn’t love the theater? Richmond’s Civic Theater is a classic, the beautiful stage makes you feel like you’re on Broadway! Take a date to see the unique comedy Spamalot April 4th -6th or 11th- 13th.
- May – For Mother’s Day take your mother to world’s largest Model T Club! You are sure to enjoy stepping back in time at the Model T Museum located in the Depot District.
- June – Learn about the rich history of Wayne County at the various museums throughout the county. Enjoy Museum of Overbeck Art Pottery in Cambridge City, the Richmond Art Museum at McGuire Memorial Hall in Richmond, Joseph Moore Museum of Natural History at Earlham College, Indiana Football Hall of Fame, and many others. Check out the complete list at www.visitrichmond.org.
- July – Grab your bike and helmet, then head to the Cardinal Greenway, Indiana’s longest span of recreational trails! Take the scenic tour of Wayne County by way of this completely paved bike trail.
- August – Tour the arches and stay for Archway Days Festival in late August in Centerville.
- September – You will love Oktoberfest in the Depot District during late September. Try beer from Richmond’s first microbrewery, New Boswell, shop local vendors and of course eat German influenced food! This is a wonderful fun festival for the whole family.
- October –Shop local hand-made crafts at the Depot District Market located in the Depot District. There you will find locally hand-made gift items like soap, toys, nail polish and more! This is a one-of-a-kind experience only found in Richmond. Visit the 3rd Saturday in October and stay for Fright Night in the Depot District! This Halloween fun night takes place at the 4th Floor Blues Club.
- November – It’s beginning to cool down, great time for the Chocolate Trail! The self-guided tour of Wayne County’s finest treats and sweets! Click here for the trail guide and begin planning your road trip today! End the day in Cambridge City at the Winter Wonderland Festival, visit www.cambridgecityindiana.org for more information.
- December – Visit the Depot District any Tuesday evening in December to experience nostalgic charm of the Old Fashion Christmas. The Historic Depot District is turned into a winter wonderland, with lights, food, activities and fun.